Website General Atomics
The freedom to explore. The promise to deliver.
Job ID#: 23564BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Department Specialist – Administrative Assistant
Job Category: Program/Project Management
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
Under limited supervision, this position performs a variety of activities in support of one or more project/business/technical units in the following ways:
- Maintains, processes, reviews, compiles, and may analyze a variety of electronic and hard copy reports, records, statistics, timelines, tables, correspondence, and presentations, which may be sensitive and confidential in nature and which requires considerable use of tact and discretion in handling.
- May design processes to enhance workflow, and develop and make presentations. Provides data and information on requests from all levels of employees, customers, vendors, and other authorized parties and/or agencies.
- Interacts with management and representatives of outside organizations.
- Assignments are of moderate scope and importance where judgment is required in analyzing, interpreting, and making recommendations in resolving non-routine issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the activities of Predator XP Program Office and Program Engineering Group.
- Gathers, collects, records, tracks, verifies data and information from multiple sources.
- Coordinates, tracks, and reports on the progress of unit work assignments and/or projects.
- Maintains, develops, and updates a variety of electronic and/or hard copy reports and records which may be confidential and sensitive in nature for a variety of parties, which may require independent interaction with management, customers, vendors or agencies.
- Responds to routine verbal and written requests for information from internal sources and may respond to verbal and written requests for information from authorized external parties and/or agencies.
- Prepares requested electronic and hard copy reports, and presentations.
- May make internal staff presentations.
- May provide direction to less experienced staff.
- Assists with Travel, lodging reservations, and filing travel vouchers for the program team.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations, and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices. Additional Functions: Other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent and four or more years of experience in a field related to the specialized functional area or unit where assigned.
- Must demonstrate considerable knowledge of assigned functional area principles, theories and concepts.
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information
- Strong organization skills and the ability to establish priorities
- Ability to identify issues, solve and respond to routine problems or situations that require interpretation
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, interpret and explain moderately complex information as well as the ability to communicate and interface effectively with all levels of personnel, including management, customers and vendors
- Practical understanding of applicable policies and procedures as well as relevant regulations
- Considerable knowledge of computer operations and applications.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required
- Proficient with SAP and Concur applications.
To apply for this job please visit www.ga-careers.com.