Dear Employer your help is needed!
As one of 85,000 employers in the region, we are counting on your support to help ALL of troops find their place as civilians. Each year throughout San Diego County over 15,000 service members transition from military service with another 37,000 remaining in the area seeking a new life. Most of them struggle to enter the civilian job market despite the skills they developed in the military.
“The toughest battle they face is the journey home; as many will have to battle – unemployment, homelessness, suicide, drug abuse, depression, and anxiety.” Maurice Wilson, MCPO (RET)
Recent surveys reveal that:
- Over 90% of returning service members do not feel ready to enter the civilian job market.
- A same number have not defined their new career goals and are unclear about next steps.
- Many struggle to overcome anxiety, self-doubt , and negative thoughts.
- A big number feel lost after living in the highly structured and disciplined world of the military.
The current government-operated transition program focuses only on information about their benefits and falls short of mentally preparing our troops for the battle to return home.
To answer the call, we developed the REBOOT Workshop. REBOOT is a three-week Workshop developed by the National Veterans Transition Services, Inc. (NVTSI) that has proven to be 97% successful in helping over 1500 transitioning service members and veterans win the battle by using evidence-based methods to help them create a new identity; discover their purpose/passion; and aligning their goals with a new career of their choice.
Taking a innovative and holistic approach to learning, REBOOT Workshops™ builds upon a service member’s military training and skills to help participants redefine their personal identity, purpose in life, and desired occupation. Veterans are immersed in a reflective and engaging curriculum that successfully bridges the gap between military and civilian worlds.
The REBOOT Workshop™ is a three-week, cohort-based program that builds the emotional, psychological, social, and professional skills necessary for successful reintegration into civilian life. REBOOT’s intensive and personalized approach to reintegration utilizes cognitive restructuring to help participants redefine their life – from the inside out.
Join Operation REBOOT – An Initiative to REBOOT the Lives & Careers of Transitioning Service Members and Veterans and Promote Employment in Priority Sectors
We are asking you to invest $2500 a year in our troops!
This is not a donation but an investment and a smart business move. In addition to helping them successfully transition from military to civilian life, It will provide you with direct access to over 6,000 transitioning service members leaving the service each year. As a sponsor you will be recognized for supporting our troops; provided with recruitment assistance in finding a placing veterans in your company; featured in our press releases; invited to attend REBOOT graduations; and recognized as a veteran-friendly employer.
What’s in your annual $2500 investment?
Corporate/Employer Membership with NVTSI for one year includes one of the following plans:
Basic Plan $2500 – $5000 (Click here) – Sponsorship of 1 to 2 Service members/veterans
- Corporate logo displayed in special R4H Employer Partners section of the website.
- Directly recruit graduates from workshops (you are always invited to attend graduations)
- Can promote your company’s veteran efforts via the NVTSI’s media channels
- National recognition for being proactive in veteran employment
- Socially connect with veterans and enhance your cultural competency/awareness
- Meet your company’s EEO requirements for outreach and involvement (DOL-OFCCP)
- Receive updates and information on the benefits of hiring veterans
Recruiter Plan $10,000 – Sponsorship of 4 Service members/veterans
- All of the Basic benefits
- Recruitment campaign focused on your company
- Training for your line-level staff*
- Invitations to all of the REBOOT events
- Speaker at workshop graduations
- Employment ad in our student manuals
- Access to student interns
- Management development plan
- Employee mentoring services – pre-employment behavior modification
Retention Plan $25,000 – Sponsorship of 10 Service members/veterans
- All of the Basic and Recruiter benefits
- HR staffing assistance – Advice, consultation, conflict resolution, veteran support seminars
- Unit-level access to over 50 active command units in San Diego (via NVTSI)
- Management-level staff veteran training/goal setting – Customized
- Organizational consulting – Cross-cultural communication methods
Corporate Sponsor Plan $50,000 and above – Sponsorship of 20 Service members/ veterans (one full REBOOT workshop)
- All of the Basic, Recruiter and Retention benefits
- Focused client search (local and national)
- Corporate-level veteran training – seminar style
- Corporate logo on home page of R4H job bank
- Full-page ad in InTransition Magazine
- Featured article about your company in the InTransition Magazine
- Community relations, Cause Marketing campaigns and promotions -Your company is recognized for its social responsibility and support for veterans
- A special networking event focused on your company where we invite “most likely” candidates to come learn about your company in a relaxed atmosphere designed for you.
“The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive the Veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their nation.” – President George Washington
Corporate-level Partners at $50,000 +
- Bank of America
- Wells Fargo
Retention-level Partners at $25,000 +
- Citi Bank
- San Diego Gas & Electric
Recruitment-level Partners at $10,000 +
- Bridgepoint Education
- Camden Apartments
- US Bank
- Navy Federal Credit Union
Basic-level Partners at $2500 – $5000
- Amerit Staffing
- Red Thread Production Team
- Union Bank of California
- Sierra Nevada Brewing Company
About National Veterans Transition Services, Inc. (NVTSI): NVTSI is a San Diego-based 501(c)3 organization dedicated to assisting veterans in adjusting to civilian life and securing meaningful employment by combining best-practice performance social solutions and techniques. The organization provides returning service members and veterans with a social and career transition workshop program called “REBOOT.” NVTSI was established by a group of retired high-ranking Naval and Marine Corps officers and workforce development professionals who seek to fill a tremendous gap in the continuum of veteran services.
The REBOOT Workshop was designed by NVTSI in collaboration with our partners; The Pacific Institute and; Operation Legacy, bringing together the best in class cognitive behavioral training solutions proven to achieve results.
The Pacific Institute®, a psychology-based company, is an international organization that develops and provides cognitive belief-based educational training programs for corporations, government and law enforcement agencies, educational institutions, and workforce development programs. Introduced in week one the Pacific Institute’s CBBE is the foundation of a process that is used to help participants understand how their mind works for-and-against them and provides them with the tools to help them manage positive and negative thoughts. www.ThePacificInstitute.com
Operation Legacy was established by psychologists who were veterans that have collaborated with major Fortune 500 corporations and agencies regarding organizational development, culture change, and employee performance. Presented in week two OL’s curriculum helps provide a series of discussions and exercises that enable the participants to identify the personal aspects of values, talents and strategies to develop a plan to achieve a meaningful purpose and vision in life. www.OperationLegacy.com
“Our Mission is to Help Veterans Successfully Transition From The Battlefront to the Homefront.”
“Our vision is to see all veterans make a successful transition from military service to civilian life, with all veterans achieving, within their potential, their goals in the transition domains of employment and career, education, living situation, personal effectiveness/wellbeing, and community-life functioning
For more information on our Employer Plans, please contact Kalem Riley at 619-822-2709 or firstname.lastname@example.org