About Rock West Composites
Rock West Composites, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for a Composite Technician (Kitting Tech). Rock West Composites, Inc. is an engineering and manufacturing company dedicated to providing innovative solutions for commercial and government customers. This position is located in our San Diego, CA-San Ysidro location and reports to the Director of Manufacturing. Position Summary: The primary focus of the position will be to pre-assemble material into ready-to-manufacture kits. This role will cover all aspects of creating roll wrapped carbon fiber tubing. Responsible for cutting, kitting, and roll-wrapping carbon fiber tubes. Extensive cross-training in other areas is possible. Essential Responsibilities May Include:
- Cutting prepreg material
- Cutting dry material
- Cutting consumable material
- Kitting material into ply sequences
- Assemble cut materials into kits and provide to manufacturing
- Maintain material logs for usage and out time
- Automated cutting machine experience preferred
- Previous experience with manufacturing carbon fiber composite parts is highly desired, but not required.
- Alternatively experience with wood manufacturing, metal manufacturing, auto body or other work involving physical hand coordination is highly beneficial.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to use calipers, micrometers and tape measures to verify part dimensions and accuracy
- Ability to work without direct supervision to established manufacturing times
- Excellent attention to detail